Before Your Procedure
Before your procedure, you should follow these important safety rules. If not followed, your procedure may be delayed or cancelled.
• DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure unless your doctor has instructed otherwise. This includes food, liquids, water, candy, chewing gum and tobacco. Serious complications may occur if these instructions are not followed.
• DO NOT smoke after midnight the day before your procedure.
• If you take daily medications (i.e., blood pressure, blood thinners, seizure or medication for diabetes), please contact your doctor three days before the procedure to determine if any medicines should be stopped prior to the procedure.
• Please notify your physician prior to your procedure if you are currently taking any herbal or weight loss supplements.
• Please notify your physician prior to your procedure if you have experienced any problems with Latex (rubber) products.