The Day of Your Procedure
• Please bring your photo ID, insurance cards and any co-payments or deposits.
• Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing.
• Leave all jewelry and other valuables at home.
• Dentures, hearing aids, glasses, jewelry, piercings, hair accessories and contact lenses must be removed before procedure. Bring appropriate storage containers.
• Bring all medications that you are currently taking so that we can obtain an accurate record.
• You may want to put a pillow and blanket in the car to help relax on the way home.
• YOU MUST HAVE AN ADULT DRIVER TO TAKE YOU HOME IN ORDER TO BE DISCHARGED FROM THE CENTER. ALL RIDES WILL BE CONFIRMED PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE.
Surgery patients only
• You must have someone stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
• If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring along a favorite toy or blanket. In addition, bring extra diapers, a change of clothes, formula or other special food that your child may need after surgery.
Endoscopy/Colonoscopy patients only
• You will receive specific instructions from your doctor regarding laxative preparation for a colonoscopy. If you have vomiting from the preparation, call your doctor to receive further instructions concerning the preparation.
• Your doctor will also advise you of special diet instructions.